Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Coogi (Before Fubu Takeover)



The Coogi brand what once TOP OF THE LINE clothing shoot even Bill Cosby himself wore one on a Daily basis on his TV show(The Cosby Show). Coogi sweaters came in different colors & styles, The more colors in the Coogi sweater the more you would have to come out of pocket for.
I remember when I 1st 2 pieces of Coogi I owned. My mother gave me couple of hundred dollars for Christmas and I went out and brought myself a Red knitted sweater and some Red valor sweats with silk lining. I thought I was flavor of the year. I spent every dollar($650) I had on that outfit that's how much of an impact Coogi had in the community. If you had a coogi or two you were considered one of the fly guys. After being sold to Fubu the brand quickly fell from grace and what labeled one of the "Don't wear that no more" brands. It was a shame what happened. Coogi was founded in Australia one of the HOTTEST places in the world making knitted sweaters they are also home of the Ugg boot too. My Verdict you can still buy the Coogi KNITTED SWEATERS which will run you anyway from $300 and up but don't be caught dead wearing the Tee shirts or the jeans those are NO NOs!!!!!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment